The Global Pest Management Coalition (GPMC) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating a unified voice across the globe promoting the value of pest management in ensuring the protection of health, home, food, and businesses.
Click here to download the PDF membership application.
Once your application has been submitted, the Coalition will follow up with additional information and payment instructions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Global Pest Management Coalition is made up of both trade associations and corporate organizations who are already members of regional associations, like FAOPMA, CEPA, and NPMA. For these purposes, a non-profit trade association also known as an industry trade group, business association, sector association or industry body, is an organization founded and funded by businesses that operate in a specific industry. An industry trade association may participate in public relations activities such as advertising, education, political donations, lobbying, and publishing, but its focus is collaboration between companies. Associations may offer other services, such as organizing conferences, networking or charitable events or offering classes or educational materials.
- Voting membership is limited to non-profit trade associations representing the pest management industry.
- GPMC member associations must be non-profit organizations governed by bylaws and directed by officers who are also members.
- There is no limit to the number of associations per country (i.e., if 4 associations are currently operating in Germany, then all 4 could join).
- As a voting member, each association will:
- Have access to information sharing, private group network with pooled resources
- One (1) vote in the appointment of the council members
- One (1) vote in the strategic goal/priority setting and budget development
- One (1) vote in any other manner that may require a vote to further the objectives of the coalition
- For known votes to be taken during a GPMC meeting, an absentee ballot will be distributed electronically to those members who will not be in attendance so that they may cast their vote in advance or a proxy for the member may be assigned to vote in the absence of the GPMC member during the meeting.
- Proxies must be designated at least 10 days prior to the meeting.
- A corporate membership would include corporate supporters, i.e., international (worldwide) pest control companies, suppliers of pest control products, other entities interested in supporting the coalition (i.e., 3rd party auditors, consumer groups) but would require them to be a member of a voting GPMC member.
- Corporate members would be a non-voting membership
- Corporate members will have access to resources provide through GPMC and participate in meetings and working groups
- All members must agree to the following policies:
- Anti-trust/Competition Law Compliancy Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- And a Code of Conduct based on the principles of respect and professionalism
- Coalition members will meet face to face at a minimum of two (2) times a year, with one meeting to be held in conjunction with NPMA’s Annual Convention, PestWorld, and the other to be determined by the council. Click here for more information.
Leadership: Global Pest Management Coalition Council
Members of the coalition will appoint a Council to lead the initiatives of the coalition.
- Representation from each continent or major region of the world should be represented, including representation from NPMA, FAOPMA, CEPA, and one South/Central American Trade Association.
- The council should be no less than six (6) members and no more than eight (8)
- The council could include one corporate member as a non-voting representative
- Elected Council Members will serve a term of 1-Year with no set limit on number of consecutive terms that may be served
- The individual serving on the Council must either be the CEO/Executive Director, Chairman, Managing Director, or Director for the organization or the elected President/or appointed designee of the Organization (if not a CEO/Executive Director representative must also be a member of member association)
Selection of GPMC Council Members
Members of the Global Pest Management Coalition will form a nominating committee that will produce a proposed slate of candidates to serve on the Council. The nominating committee will consist of no less than (4) member organizations, including a representative from North America, Asia, Europe, and South/Central America.
The slate of proposed nominees will include:
- Individuals to serve in the position of Chairman, Vice Chairman, SecretaryTreasurer, Immediate Past Chairman (in following years).
- Up to four (4) Director positions;
- and one (1) non-voting corporate member.
The slate or proposed nominees will be shared no less than 30 days with the full Council prior to the Global Pest Management Coalition Meeting at PestWorld (late October)
- A vote will be taken to approve the slate of nominees or any nominees from the floor during PestWorld meeting.
- Each voting member/organization will have one vote for each of the officer positions and one vote for each director positions.
- An electronic ballot will be provided no less than 15 days prior to the GPMC meeting at PestWorld for those that would like to vote in advance or will not be present at PestWorld.
The elected Council members will begin serving for the next immediate calendar year term (January 1 – December 31)
Global Pest Management Coalition Structure and Funding
Global Pest Management Coalition Code of Conduct
Global Pest Management Coalition Conflict of Interest Policy
Global Pest Management Coalition Anti-Trust/Competition Law Compliance Policy